Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mozaic

1377 Main Street
Sarasota,​ FL 34236


We explored downtown Sarasota around dinner time.  We decided we wanted a nice meal, so we chose to eat at Mozaic.  


They had a fixed price menu for $29, which allowed us to have a three course dinner.  


Since the seafood options were intriguing me, I decided to have a glass of pinot grigio.  


For an amuse-bouche, we were given a cold soup, which was lemony.  


The warm bread was delicious and came with oil and balsamic vinaigrette for dipping.  


For my first course, I chose the Lime-leaf-scented lobster velouté with chives Boursin gougère.  It reminded me of lobster bisque.  


For my second course, I had Escargots and applewood smoked bacon with thyme and mustard à l'ancienne.  I hadn't had escargots in a while, but I enjoyed it and of course the bacon was a nice flavor.  


Finally for my main course, I had Baked New Zealand green lip mussels on the half shell in cioppino broth with onion ciabatta.  The mussels were good and the bread was excellent to dip in the broth.  


Guillermo had Oregano and horseradish rubbed flat iron steak w/ mustard mashed potatoes & green peppercorn diane sauce.  It was good, but he ordered it well done, which is my least favorite temperature for steaks.  

]

Garrett's entree was the Pan-seared Ahi tuna over couscous with charred lime and preserved lemon-fennel-olive sauce.  I tasted it and I loved the tuna.  


If you're in Sarasota and wanted a fancy meal, without being too expensive, give Mozaic a try.  

Mozaic on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment