Saturday, June 14, 2014

Jack Pirtles

Jack Pirtles
1370 Poplar Ave
Memphis, TN 38104

I have actually just had Jack Pirtles for the first time in my life this year, 2014, and I am from the Memphis area.  I am not sure why I never tried it before.  I had certainly seen them for years.  I finally rectified this situation.


I decided that I was starving, so I needed a family pack, even though it was just for me.  The chicken was good.  The pieces are smaller than say KFC, so maybe that means there aren't any hormones?


I didn't really pay attention to what I was ordering.  My family pack came with fries and another container.  I assumed incorrectly that it was mashed potatoes and gravy.  I figured the potatoes were on the bottom.  No, it comes with a large thing of gravy.  I ended up discovering how perfect it is to dip the fries, the chicken, and the biscuits into the gravy.  Gravy makes everything taste better.  


The meal also came with plenty of biscuits.  

I still can't believe I had never come here before.  My friend likes to go there for gizzards and livers.  It's one of the few places to go to get those pieces of meat.  I read they have a good steak biscuit.  I'll have to try it sometime.  

There are several locations throughout Memphis.  It is a drive thru or take out restaurant really.  

Jack Pirtle's Chicken on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment