Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Second Line

The Second Line
2144 Monroe Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104

The Second Line is a relatively new bar in Overton Square.  It has the same owner as it's next door neighbor Restaurant Iris (This is one of my favorite restaurants in Memphis.  I haven't been there recently, and I have never written a review.)


The restaurant is in a redesigned house.  It is always busy, especially the outside.  I have only been once (to the inside), but I have tried to go several times, but didn't feel like the long wait.  The type of food is New Orleans style.  


I love the vibe.  It feels modern, nice, and kinda classy, but approachable.  


They have plenty of locally brewed beers on tap.  


They have a huge bar with tons of selections.  We started at the bar, but eventually sat down.  


The best creation ever is the andouille, crawfish, and pimento cheese fries.  Second Line takes loaded cheese fries to a new level and sets a new bar.  


One friend ordered a poboy.  I can't remember which type.  They have a lot.  My friend chose the side of hot potato salad.  It was good, with a kick.  


Another friend also ordered a poboy, with a side of fancy ass cole slaw.  It was pretty good as well.  

Another friend ordered the fried shrimp and fries.  That meal was also good.  

 

Now back to the best items IMHO.  My friend and I ordered 4 things to share.  I think we pretty much won on the best food chosen.  We had the skillet cornbread.  It came out piping hot in a mini skillet.  I couldn't stop eating it; it was so good.  We also got the red beans and rice.  The portion was huge.  


Besides the wonderful loaded fries, we shared the cheese grits, which were covered in cheese.  We also got a spinach casserole called the spinach madeline.  It was also one of the best things of the night.  



They bring the checks in a cute metal cup.  

This is my favorite new bar of 2014.  The food is awesome.  The service is awesome.  

The Second Line on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment