Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Green Dot Stables

Green Dot Stables
2200 W Lafayette Blvd
Detroit, MI 48216

On this trip to Detroit, we drove the entire way, so I searched Yelp to find a fun new restaurant.  This is what I found.



Most sliders, fries, salads, desserts, sides, drinks etc are $2 or $3.  






The decor is dark.  It was a random Tuesday and the restaurant was packed.  


Upon visiting the restroom, I was greeted by this googley eyed painting.  


I tried the specialty cocktail "Summer Soda," which is Basil, Lemon, Cucumber, Vodka, and Soda, and is only $3.  


Well drinks are $2.  Detroit must be the place to drink.  


I ordered the venison chili cheese fries.  They were fun and good.  


Jefferic had the cajun fries.  


We each had the "mystery meat" burger.  Today, it was wild boar.  It reminded me of beef.  



 I also had the fried chicken which had maple syrup on it (think chicken and waffles).


Jefferic had the hot brown, which was chicken and bacon.  He said it was his least favorite of the 3, but it was ok.  


He also ordered the tempeh, which was seaweed salad on top of a vegetarian protein.  


This was one of the best places I've eaten in Detroit, and I would like to go back soon!!  I would also like to duplicate this in Memphis.  








Green Dot Stables on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment