Thursday, April 4, 2013

Kroger's Manager Specials!

Kroger aka Shnogers
1761 Union Ave
Memphis, TN 38104

Everyone loves to go Krogering, especially me.  I have a growing addiction to going to Kroger, which we affectionately call Schnogers.  It used to be a Schnucks up until recently.

What I am addicted to is the "manager specials."  The manager specials are usually items that are getting close to the expiration date or hot items from the deli.  They are usually reduced about 50% or more.

I bought this lovely Easter basket for $5 on Monday.  Since the Easter Bunny skipped my house, I took care of myself a day later.


The produce section is a good place to check for the specials.  Its common to find a salad in a bag or some broccoli in a bag that has been reduced for quick sales.  The salad usually needs to be eaten within a day, so don't stock up.

I found these mushrooms on Tuesday.  They are delicious and worth the $.99.


Another fun place to check is the meat department.  There is a section in every Kroger that has reduced meat.  I rarely get anything from this section, because you definitely need to eat it that night.  

The seafood section usually has good buys, too.  I bought a small thing of crab legs not too long ago for about $5.  

Oftentimes, you can find dip on sale.  It's really good if you are having a party.  This dip was helluva good!


The bread department usually has some cakes, breads, etc for quick sale, too.  Here's a cake I bought for a co worker last year for 50% off.


I've bought flowers, too.  They don't last long, but it's a cheap.  


There's a small section that has various dry goods.  These are usually things that have been discontinued or damaged boxes.  These items are usually not near any expiration date.

The jewel of the manager's special is the deli area.  They have some party trays that are excellent if you are throwing or attending a party.  They're usually 12.99 and are reduced to 6.99.  

The chicken is the winner, though.  The rotisseries that are made that day that do not sell get marked down from 5.99 to 2.99.  They're not old at all.  



Eight pieces of chicken that were cooked that day go from 7.99 to 2.99.  Unbeatable!


The secret to the deli is to go whenever the deli closes.  I found the perfect time for my store is just after 7pm. 

Of course, I'll go back.... Maybe tonight about 7!  






2 comments:

  1. You're a bargain finding god. I remember back when I lived there you were telling me about the chicken. That's the best deal of all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, it was only $1.99 the other day!

    ReplyDelete