Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Chiwawa

Chiwawa
2059 Madison Ave
Memphis, TN  38104

As I mentioned in the last post about Bar Louie, Overton Square is being revitalized.  One of the buildings that had been closed for a few decades used to house a restaurant called the Chicago Pizza Factory.  Apparently, the owner closed out of the blue.  It was open one day and closed the next.  I used to walk around the area.  Even though it had been closed for decades, you could look inside the window and still see the salt and pepper shakers on the table.  

Now the restaurant has been totally redone, and it's called Chiwawa.



They also remodeled the old sign.  It originally had the name of the restaurant.  Now it has a popular midtown slogan.  "Midtown is Memphis."


Their patio is huge!  There are two levels.  I'm sure this will be one of the most popular destinations this spring.

Here's the Mexican inspired menu.  It has a lot of hot dogs and tacos. 


The drinks are good.  I think the whiskey diet coke was about $5.  


I had the elote.  I forgot to take a picture, though.  It was corn smothered in cheese and spices.  It was delicious.  

The chips and guacamole were delicious, as well.


I forgot to take a picture before it was half eaten.... BUT... here is part of corn dog.  Garrett said it was good.  

I tried the churros.  I thought they were scrumptious.  Fried dough with cinnamon... What's not to love?


If you want to drink on a budget, they have PBR on draft for only $2.  


I have already been twice.  And with this nice weather, I will be back soon!





Chiwawa on Urbanspoon



No comments:

Post a Comment