Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
2012 Madison Ave
Memphis, TN 38104
(901) 272-2583

Blue Monkey is a great bar in midtown.  I rarely think about it for some reason.  Every time I go there, I vow to go more regularly.  The wait staff is always friendly.  It seems there is always a drink special going on.  And they have good food.

On this particular visit, I happened to be there at lunch time.  They have plate lunches.  I had the hamburger steak, which comes with a drink, bread and two sides.  The bread was good.  The hamburger steak was typical and covered in gravy.  The highlights were the veggies.  I had the spinach which was great.  It came with plenty of cheese, which I love.  The greens were also great.  The hamburger steak is available every day.  The price for the plate lunch is 9.95, a bargain, I think.


I didn't get a soft drink (which comes with it); I went with a ghost river beer (a Memphis made beer).  

I have been here multiple times.  They also have a great steak with blue cheese.  The only problem with this bar is that they do allow smoking, and I'm not a smoker.  


The Blue Monkey on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment