Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Cupboard Restaurant

The Cupboard Restaurant
1400 Union Ave
Memphis, TN 38104
(901) 276-8015


The Cupboard is a long time Memphis restaurant.  It's a staple in midtown.  It serves country food with different specials every day.  It also serves breakfast every day.


I have been here several times in the past.  Once with a dishcrawl event.  


The restaurant looks like a typical country restaurant.  


For this particular meal, I had the country fried steak and italian spinach, which are two of my favorite foods.  The country fried steak was good.  However, the spinach was just ok.  I prefer it a bit cheesier.  


For dessert, I had the lemon ice box pie, which was good.  


The Cupboard is a good restaurant for country food.  They have little cornbread muffins which are really good.  However, I prefer my country foods with a little more soul.  I mean I prefer to eat soul food.  Soul food has a bit more seasoning.  The restaurant also seemed somewhere that my grandparents would prefer.  Everything is fine, but there are better restaurants in Memphis.

I would like to give their breakfast a shot, though.

Cupboard on Urbanspoon



No comments:

Post a Comment