Monday, April 14, 2014

Shalimar Restaurant

Shalimar Restaurant
307 S. Main
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
734-663-1500

I have only been to Ann Arbor once, and the only meal I have ever eaten there was at Shalimar Restaurant at lunch time.

I ended up ordering a combination lunch plate.

It came with a vegetable samosa. I am not sure what the sauce was that accompanied it, but I know it's typical at most Indian restaurants that I have eaten at.



Unfortunately, I cannot remember everything that came with my meal.  I know it had naan bread with a cucumber sauce and basmati rice.  The dessert was a rice pudding.  I don't care for it, so I gave it to G.  It has a salad which was fine.  Then there was a choice between saag paneer which is spinach with and Indian cheese or a paneer tikka masala which is Indian cheese in a tomato sauce.  I got the saag and G got the paneer tikka masala.  Both were delicious.  I will say it is on the better side of saag paneers that I have had.  Then there were two other things.  I know one was a vegetable korma, which was also scrumptious.  However, the other thing I am not 100% on what it was.  After looking at the menu online, I am thinking that it is channa pindi, which is chickpeas cooked in a tomato broth.  It was also good.  


For lunch the combination platter was around $10, and it has left me stuffed.  If I'm ever in that area again, I would go here again.  I also recommend it.  We also had good service.  

Shalimar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment