Saturday, March 30, 2013

Café Society

Café Society
212 N Evergreen St
Memphis, TN 38112

Café Society was my group of friend's choice for our fancy food Monday for the month of March.  None of us had ever visited the restaurant before.

For our appetizers, I chose the Fricasee of Escargot with wild mushrooms and chorizo.  It was delicious.  I haven't had escargot since I was in France several years ago, and Café Society's version did not disappoint.




One friend ordered the Goat Cheese Croquettes with balsamic macerated cherries & spicy radish.  I love goat cheese, so this was perfect.  I focused on one single croquette.




My other friend ordered Crab & Shrimp Gallette with arugula, picked onion & caper aioli.  It reminded us of a delicious crab cake.



Our meals came with a salad, and I enjoyed mine with the best dressing ever... blue cheese.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of what I ordered.  It was veal stuffed with goat cheese, topped with a thick red wine reduction, and sitting on a bed of potatoes.  It was delicious, but not my favorite of the evening.


One friend ordered another special, which was seared scallops on a tomato and garlic lasagna.  This was my second favorite of the evening.  



My absolute favorite was what Jefferic ordered, which was Pan Seared Black Grouper En Croute with leeks, turnips, rock shrimp & crab.  It also had pieces of brie in it.  




We were all stuffed after the meal, so we skipped dessert.  I definitely want to go again and try the filet with blue cheese potato gratin.  They had a groupon not too long ago.  Regretfully, I didn't buy it.

Café Society on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment