Friday, March 29, 2013

Local Gastropub (Midtown)

Local Gastropub (Midtown)
2126 Madison Ave
Memphis, TN  38104

Yesterday, we went to Local for drinks.  I have been there a few times and have always had a great time with the great food and good drinks.  I was only planning on having drinks.

I started with a vodka diet coke.  I gotta watch those calories!  Ha


Then I moved on to whiskey diet coke.  


The drinks are good (not weak at all).  They're not cheap and they're not expensive.  Mine were $5.50.  

Of course, drinking leads to eating, so I ordered their parmesan fries.  I prefer their bar fries, but I didn't want to eat THAT sinfully or heavily.  I forgot to take a picture of the fries, but this is the bar fries from a previous trip.  They're the best bacon cheese fries I've ever had.


Eventually, Garrett ended up ordering dessert. I like dessert, but I rarely order it.  I'd prefer eating more savory food.  However, this may be my new favorite dessert.  It's called the "warm blondie brownie."


Yes, that is bacon on it!  I love the combination of the savory and the sweet.  According to the menu, it is topped with maple bacon, vanilla bean gelato, and whisky creme.  I will definitely order this for myself next time.  I want one now for breakfast!

Local on the Square on Urbanspoon



No comments:

Post a Comment