Saturday, March 16, 2013

Homemade Japanese Food

My house!
Memphis, TN

le fevrier 2013

Once a month, a group of friends and I take turns cooking.  I have a friend who lives in Japan, and she sent me various items from there, that I decided to cook when it was my turn.  

I am not sure what exactly this is, but my friend labeled it a "different kind of sushi."  I made the rice and then mixed in some ingredient packets.  I assume it was various types of seafood and I know the topping is seaweed.  It was good.  


My new favorite thing from Japan is curry rice.  I boiled potatoes, carrots, and onions.  Then I added the curry blocks.  This was super easy to make and super delicious.  I could eat this on a regular basis.  In fact, I am going to look for this curry block in the local international stores.  


I am not sure what this is.  I know it comes in a little packet and you add hot water.  It reminds me of miso soup.  It had seaweed in it.  Based on the pictures, it had some type of shell fish in it, too.  I love miso soup and I love this.


This was my first time (and it won't be my last time) making tofu.  I didn't know tofu was easy to make.  I cooked the tofu and added some Japanese sauce.  I don't know what it was, but I know it was yummy.  :)


I learned that cooking Japanese food is actually not too difficult.  And it was more fun than cooking a regular meal off my repertoire.  Since I invited friends over, it made me feel extra awesome and talented!  

No comments:

Post a Comment