Saturday, May 17, 2014

Greencork


Greencork
2156 Young Ave
Memphis, TN 38104

Greencork is a cute little wine bar in Cooper Young.  I am pretty sure that is Memphis's only self service wine bar.  It works like this.  First you get a card, in which you choose how much money to put on it.  I put $20 on mine.  The wine dispensers are grouped by type of wine.  You can choose if you want a small, medium, or large pour.  Each wine and pour size has a different price.  You put your card in and push the button that corresponds to what you want.  Then the price is deducted from the card.

Personally, I like to get the smallest pour, so that I can try multiple types of wine.


It's very cozy.  You can sit at traditional tables or nice comfy chairs or even a couch.  



They also have a bar and food.  I have had one of their appetizers.  It was a cheese plate, which was very typical.  However, I saw someone order the picnic basket.  I really want to try it.  It has a large picnic basket filled with tons of goodies.  

This place is only open at night.  I have been a few times.  It is a fun experience.  

My only question/concern is about tipping.  You have a waitress, who brings you water and menus.  What if I only want to use my prepaid wine card and have wine?  I'm not sure how to tip.  

Anyway,  go there, if you haven't already!

Greencork on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment