Sunday, May 4, 2014

Honest John's

Honest John's
488 Selden St
Detroit, MI 48201
(313) 832-5646

We visited Honest John's Bar and No Grill.  That's what the sign on the door said "no grill."  I have no idea why it said that, because they clearly have a grill.


The sign says Sobriety Sucks.  Ha ha.  



Anyway, they have daily meal specials.  Mondays is short ribs, but they were out today.  G had the catfish plate with fries and slaw.  It came with two large catfish filets.  It looked fine.  He said it was good.

I went with a burger and added fries.  I ordered the burger medium but it was cooked more to medium rare.  However, it was a good burger.  It came with lettuce and tomato and onions.  I had my onions grilled and also added blue cheese.  It had plenty of blue cheese on it.



They also have several beers on draft.  I started with a Guinness.  Then I had a ghettoblaster.  It is a bitter beer that is more pale than a Guinness.



Finally I ended with a Great Laked Edmund Fitzgerald.  It was a dark beer but less creamy than a Guinness.



The meals were under $10 and each beer on draught was $5.  A pretty good deal.  I recommend this place if you are visiting Detroit.

Honest John's Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment