Monday, May 12, 2014

Imagine Vegan Cafe

Imagine Vegan Cafe
2299 Young Avenue
Memphis, TN  38104

Imagine is a restaurant in Cooper Young that only serves vegan food.  It has been around just for a few years.  It recently moved about a block away in what used to be a house.  I prefer this environment.  It makes it seem more homey.



There are a few funny signs around the building.  


There are also some signs to keep you aware of the pros of eating vegan.  


Everything on their menu is completely vegan and animal free.  However, their menu items are written as if they have meat.  It may say pepper steak, but there's no beef.  


One of my friends ordered the tofu scramble that came with grits, bacon, hashbrowns and a biscuit.  Remember though nothing is made with any animal products, no matter what it looks like.  


Another friend ordered hush puppies as an appetizer.  


I decided to play it a bit safer with chili cheese fries.  Of course the cheese is not made from dairy.  


I love the idea of vegan.  However, I am not vegan.  My friend who is loves this place.  My friend who is vegetarian likes this place, too.  I think it's good, but I still have this idea in my head about it not tasting exactly the same.  

I'm sure I'll go here again, but I still prefer my real meat.  However, if you're a vegan, this is a great place.

Imagine Vegan Cafe on Urbanspoon



No comments:

Post a Comment