Friday, May 31, 2013

Balewa's

Balewa's Vegan Gourmet
394 N Watkins St
Memphis, Tennessee 38104

Some of my friends are vegan, so I decided to take them to this place that I had read about.




They have a pretty large menu, but I had to try the live burger that I had read about.  


It was a nice day, so I wanted to sit outside.  


Garrett had a carrot juice.  It is way creamier than I expected.  


The live burger looks like real meat (rare meat), but it's definitely not meat.  I thought it was a good veggie burger.  The consistency is not as firm as a typical veggie burger.  As a non vegan, I thought it was a nice change.  (Some non-vegans in the group thought it was just ok).  


Jefferic said the quinoa chili was one of his favorite things.  


Each sandwich came with kale chips and a salad.  The kale chips were good (not something that I had ever eaten before.)  


My friend who is actually vegan enjoyed everything including the brocoli soup.  


The service wasn't super fast, so we were given free no bake oatmeal cookies.  

Everyone was SUPER friendly.  Next time, I'm going to try the falafel.  


Balewa's Vegan Gourmet on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment