Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bamboo Shack

Bamboo Shack
Nassau, Bahamas

There are multiple locations of this local Bahamian chain. You can't eat there; you have to pick it up and take it away.



You order at one window, and they call you when it's ready.  


Some of the Bahamians that Garrett works with here said that this was the best take away restaurant. Their motto is "We're deliciously Bahamian."  


This was one of the more affordable restaurants that we visited.  They sell an "Obama Burger."  I have no idea what it is.  


For the most part, they sell burgers and "snacks."  The snacks come with fries and a roll.  I didn't see any vegetables here.  


Drinking and riding in a car is completely legal.  They wrapped the meal in a paper bag.  



They asked me if I wanted ketchup and hot sauce.  I said yes.  They doused everything with it.  No sauce on the side.  I actually had this happen at another place, too.


I got the conch and thigh combo.  A thigh comes with the leg.  Everything was good.  The roll was sweet.  I'm going to miss conch back in the US!

No comments:

Post a Comment