Thursday, July 18, 2013

Imperial Cafeteria

Imperial Cafeteria
Bay StreetP.O. Box N-1486
Downtown Nassau
Bahamas


This is more of a local chain feel restaurant of the Bahamas.  They claim to offer Bahamian, Greek, and American food.



You order at the window.  A lot of people get the food to-go.  




Garrett and I each had the seafood platter.  It was enough for at least 3 people and we had two orders.  

It came with breaded shrimp, fried fish, cracked conch (basically fried).  We had ours with mac'n cheese.  It was the good yummy baked kind.  I don't think they eat the stove top Kraft kind that many people eat in the US.  We also had ours with peas and rice.  Apparently, that is a staple here.  It's brown rice mixed with dark beans.  I enjoyed it.  It's one of Garrett's favorite things to eat.  




This is what a conch looks like in the shell.  The taste reminds me of calamari.  I loved my meal.

However, the locals say there is an even better place to try.  I'll let you know when we make it there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment