Monday, July 15, 2013

The Green Parrot

The Green Parrot


My first dining and drinking experience in the Bahamas was at the Green Parrot.  We actually visited it multiple times.








It has a huge wrap around bar with an ocean view. 


Naturally, I had to try Bahamian beer.  I started with Kalik.  It has a nice flavor, somewhat hoppy. 


Afterwards, I tried Sands, another Bahamian beer.  I preferred Kalik.  Sands was way lighter.  In general, I prefer a stronger flavor.  


From our table, you could see a view of Atlantis. We visit there later.


For an appetizer, we had conch fritters.  I was told that conch is similar to calamari.  Then the fritters made it into what closely resembled a hush puppy.  I enjoyed them.  


First meal and drink was a success.  The prices were more expensive, but tax was included.  They also add gratuity most times.



On another visit, Garrett had a mango daiquiri with rum. I say "with rum," because not all daiquiris come with it, apparently. 


This trip I enjoyed a rum and coke made with Cuban rum, since we can't get that at home. 



Also, notice the outside kitchen, where they prepared our conch fritters. 


So far, we have been to quite a few bars.  Many of the places do not have beers on tap. For the few that do, I have only seen Kalik and Heineken. 

I am enjoying the island life!

No comments:

Post a Comment