Saturday, July 13, 2013

Huey's Southwind

Huey's Southwind
7825 Winchester Rd
Memphis, TN 38125

If you haven't been to Huey's, you've probably not been to Memphis.  Huey's is known for their burgers.  They also have a full bar.  I didn't partake this particular visit.


People blow toothpicks from their straws getting them stuck on the ceiling.  People also write on the walls.  It's all part of the charm.  


I had a side of fries.  Personally, steak fries are my least favorite type of fry.  Who wants a fry where you can taste the potato?  I'm not sure if I'm being sarcastic or not.


I had the Bluez 57 burger.  It has, of course, my favorite cheese: blue!  It is also topped with fried onion straws and Heinz 57 sauce.  I decided to mix it up and have it as a black bean burger. I love a good black bean burger, and this one did not disappoint.  I also at the recommendation of local blogger Paul Ryburn added bacon.  

It was a great sandwich, a perfect combination.  Of course, I'll go back.  It's a Memphis tradition.


Huey's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment