Thursday, March 13, 2014

Bert's Marketplace

Bert's Marketplace
2727 Russell St
Detroit, MI 48207
(313) 567-2030

Every time that I'm in Detroit, I invariably visit Bert's.  They have a bar and some of the best soul food there is.  Their drinks are about $6, and their plates are around $12.


This specific trip I ordered the fried pork chops.  This plate comes with two pork chops and two sides and cornbread.  The cornbread was a sweet corn muffin.  I chose mac n' cheese and collard greens as my sides.  The collard greens were obviously fresh.  They were sweet and perfectly seasoned.  The mac n' cheese was the best that I have had in a while.  It was obviously not made with any type of powdered cheese.  In fact, it was so good that G ordered an extra side of it.  


For his meal, he ordered black eyed peas, collard greens, and meat loaf.  The meat loaf was also really good. 

I have had the ribs here in previous visits, and they are also great.  They smoke them on the weekends I think.  The service is usually just average.  However, this trip the service was above average.  The building is huge.  Sometimes they even have live music.  

Upon looking at their website, they have a Sunday buffet.  I really want to go there for this someday.  All you can eat soul food sounds too good to be true.  

Bert's Market Place on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment