Wednesday, March 19, 2014

National Coney Island

National Coney Island
2500 World Gateway Pl McNamara Terminal, Gate A24
Wayne, MI
(734) 955-1733

I was at the Detroit airport with plenty of time to spare.  I got there exactly 2 hours early and made it through check in and security in record time.  It was 6am, and I was starting to get hungry.  I didn't want to spend too much money.  I thought about a sausage biscuit from McDonalds, but of course they don't have the dollar menu in airports, so everything seemed a little high.  Then I found this little diner.  They had a breakfast special for only $5.99, so I decided it was worth it to have a sit down meal.



I chose the breakfast special, which comes with two eggs anyway, choice of bacon, sausage, and ham, hash browns, and toast (white, wheat, or rye).  


I also got a cup of coffee.  It was somewhat better than a typical diner.  


They serve wings by the pound rather than by the wing.  I thought that was odd (maybe that's just me).  


My meal was good.  I got wheat toast, two eggs over easy, hash browns, and sausage links.  Everything was good.  It was typical diner food, and typical diner quality.  It was a good deal, especially since I was in an airport.  

National Coney Island on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment