Sunday, March 16, 2014

Serendipity

225 East 60th Street
between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
New York, NY 10022

The first time I heard of this little patisserie was while watching the movie Serendipity.  I watched it back and college and have been wanting to try it ever since.  The movie has John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale in it.  I was obsessed for several years.  




I tried to go my first time when I was in NYC, but the line was atrocious.  However, upon my second trip to New York, I was finally able to visit this gem.



The decor was cute, but also elegant.  





My entree came with a delightful salad of field greens.


G ordered a coffee drink. 


He ordered a meat loaf with mashed potatoes.  His meal was really good (better than mine).  


I ordered the fried chicken and fries.  It was average good.  I didn't actually realize that they had entrees here until I came.  Portions are humongous.  We could have split an meal and left full.  


Finally, the highlight was the dessert.  We split a humongous frozen hot chocolate.  It was delectable, delicious. 


I am so glad that I finally got to come here.  It lived up to all the hype.  They do take reservations, so if you are in the area, try to make them first.  We got there about 30 minutes before opening and were the first in line (barely).


Serendipity 3 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment