Friday, March 14, 2014

Ruben's Fried Chicken

Ruben's Fried Chicken
1806 Lamar Ave
Memphis, TN 38114
(901) 207-3069


Ruben's is a small newish restaurant on Lamar and McLean, not too far from my house.  If I need some fried catfish or some fried chicken from a local establishment near my home, this is an awesome place.

I have been a few times.  One time I got the catfish with cole slaw and fried squash.  The fish was the highlight of the meal.


The next time I went I got fried chicken with okra and mac n' cheese.  


All of the food that I have ever had here has been great.  I love the convenience of it being close to my house.  The prices vary based on how much you want.  You can get smaller meals or larger ones.  The prices are $10ish.  If you like fried food (and I do), this place is great.  It's a nice place to get a meat and sides.  

The restaurant is fairly unknown by a lot of people.  In fact, I couldn't even find any other reviews of this place.  It's not even on Yelp.  The area of town that it is in is typical Memphis borderline.  It's not a great neighborhood, but it's not far from a nice one.  

I noticed that they also have turkey burgers and regular hamburgers.  These are on my must try list.  


Ruben's Fried Chicken on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment