Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bharat Market and Restaurant

Bharat Market and Restaurant
3675 Southwind Park Cv
Memphis, TN 38125
(901) 759-1939

Once upon a time, we were hungry and couldn't decide where to eat.  We kept driving and driving looking for someone new.  Somehow we ended up in the Southwind area of Memphis.  (I prefer not to venture outside of Midtown.)  All of a sudden I remembered that there was an Indian restaurant that I wanted to try out there.  I couldn't remember where it was but somehow we managed to stumble across it.

There is an adjoining grocery store, that we did not visit, so I cannot comment.  There was definitely a language barrier.  We had to point to what we wanted on the menu.

We both ordered the palaak paneer, which is a staple that we order at Indian restaurants.  It is spinach with an Indian cheese in it.  It is always great.  However, this one was the creamiest that I have ever had in my life.  It was to die for.  Quite possibly the best I have ever had.



We also had a soup and some bread.  I can't remember the type of soup, though.


The bread reminded me of tortillas.  The staff was super friendly, as well.





Don't walk, but run to try this delightful restaurant.

Bharat Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment