Monday, March 31, 2014

Charlie Vergo's Rendezvous

52 S 2nd St
Memphis, TN 38103
(901) 523-2746

One of the most famous BBQ restaurants in Memphis is the Rendezvous.  This is my brother's favorite one, so every time he is in town visiting, he wants to go here for dinner.  

We split a pitcher of Memphis's own Ghost River beer.  



They are known for their ribs, so that is what I had.  In Memphis, each BBQ restaurant has it's following.  This one is my brother's favorite.  I like it, but it's not my favorite.  They do have an amazing dry rub on the ribs, though.  I really like the slaw here, though.  


My mom orders the Rendezvous special appetizer, which has pickled, peppers, cheese, sausage, and salami.  It is all delicious.  

They have great service.  The lines are long, but they go quickly (normally).  It is a Memphis staple, so everyone must try it.  The ribs are tender and well seasoned.  

Charlie Vergos' Rendezvous on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment