Sunday, August 4, 2013

Fish Fry

Fish Fry
West Bay Street
Nassau, New Providence Island

Twin Brothers
Fish Fry


Fish Fry is an area in Nassau with many restaurants and bars. It kind of reminds me of Beale Street. You can go into restaurants, or you can sit outside or walk along the strip. And you can drink while doing it.  






The area is known for conch salad.  Conch is kind of calamari like. In the salad, it is raw, "right out of the shell" like oysters.  


It reminds me of ceviche but there's no sauce.  It's conch, onion, tomatoes, and lemon juice. I like it.  The amount is huge.  I'd rather have about half of it, just because the flavor is redundant.  It's very good, though.  


So, we ordered the conch salad at one stand.  


At another, we had some daiquiris. These were good, because the fruit was fresh.  They used real fruit instead of juices or pre-made mixes. 


I had a few.  


They also had coconut water. Garrett enjoyed one straight out of the coconut for $10. 


I had a strawberry daiquiri. It's so weird when they ask if I want rum added.  Um... of course!!


The conch salad is very fresh, but you still kind of want something else, so we went to Twin Brothers


They were very busy at the time. There was some Americans there, who got tired of waiting and decided to go to the "golden arches." Seriously, I would never go to McDonalds especially in a foreign country.  So... right after they left, their food came. One person in our group was starving.  In the end, we took their food for a discount.  I had ordered grouper fingers.  I never tried them, but I did try other interesting things.  


We ended up sharing all the mystery items.  It was actually kind of fun. I ended up eating a large variety of food. 


We enjoyed wings.  They were fine.  


Then we also shared some boiled fish. It was one of the best things that we had.  


We had more macaroni and cheese.  It makes me never want Kraft again.  


Potato salad is a common side item.  This one was the bomb.  It was the only time I got to enjoy it. 


They also had ordered steak, so we got to enjoy that.  It was flavorful, but it was a think steak. 


The experience at the restaurant was super fun and unique. We sat upstairs and had a view of the area. 

I got to try a variety of food.  If you go to the Bahamas, Fish Fry is a must.  

No comments:

Post a Comment