Saturday, August 3, 2013

Cricket Club Restaurant

Cricket Club Restaurant
Haynes Oval
P.O. Box CB 11712
Nassau, Bahamas



We made friends in the Bahamas, and we all went to the Cricket Club Restaurant for breakfast. We sat upstairs and had a view of the cricket field.  Of course, I have no idea how to play cricket. 


This was my first Bahamian breakfast. Many of the options were seafood. However, they weren't ready yet when we got there. Apparently, seafood is a common breakfast item in the Bahamas. 


We some Johnny bread. It's very tasty. It's bread, but it's somewhat sweet. It's very filling, and it's great with coffee.  


For my breakfast, I chose grits and tuna fish. The grits were yellow and seemed thicker than those in the United States. The tuna fish was spicy tuna fish salad. I think it may have had some habaneros in it. 

I was nervous about tuna for breakfast. However, it was surprisingly good. I had a little tuna and a bit of grits in each bite.  It was a good combination.  I may even try to make it here some day.



No comments:

Post a Comment