Sunday, August 11, 2013

Houston's Restaurant

Houston's Restaurant
5000 Poplar Ave
Memphis, TN 38117


It was my friend's birthday, and she chose to visit Houston's. It was also our one a month dinner club. 


Houston's is a chain restaurant, but it's also more like fine dining. 


We had the spinach dip for an appetizer.  The dip was delicious.  They gave few chips, though.  However, we were given extra when we needed them.


I decided to have a salad before my meal.  The blue cheese was phenomenal and it had plenty of bacon on it with a delicious piece of garlic bread.


I also had their clam chowder. It was too good and creamy. 


On to the meals... Two people had the thai steak and noodle salad. It was just ok to me.  I'm not a fan of this type of salad. However, they both enjoyed it. 


Another ordered the crab cakes.  These were great!  The cole slaw was surprisingly good as well. 


One person had the sashimi tuna salad.  I did like this salad; well, I only tasted the tuna and it was good.


One added a side of couscous. I like couscous; I wish it were more common in restaurants in Memphis.


I had the steak special. I ordered my steak rare. I loved it.  It was so tender and flavorful. I can't remember what the sauce was.  I had artichokes and spinach as my side items. I liked the artichokes. Personally, the spinach was too salty for me.  However, we shared everything and it was all eaten. 


We had to get a dessert and sing happy birthday.  It was a super chocolatey brownie with ice cream on top.


This was my first visit, and I enjoyed it.  I would go back.  


Houston's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment