Monday, August 5, 2013

More Bahamas

While in the Bahamas, I had to try some Cuban rum since we can't have it in the United States.  It was good, and I don't drink rum much.



For my final day in the Bahamas, I had a meal from a small food shack. I forgot to take a picture of the outside. I would say no tourists would find this place.

You order at a window and take the food to go.


I had a cheese sandwich on what they call johnny bread. It's a sweetened bread that is fairly heavy or thick. 


I also had what they call a patty. It's a flaky crust that is stuffed with meat.  I tried the chicken and the beef one.  It was delicious and inexpensive. 


At the airport, I have my final Kalik.  I had a great visit to the Bahamas and I hope to go back some day!

To go back to the US, I had to go through customs for the United States in the Bahamas.  I have never experienced that before. 


No comments:

Post a Comment