Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Family Dinner

My aunt is an awesome cook.  The other day she had us over for dinner. The main dish consisted of grilled pork chops.  They were huge and had a nice grilled flavor.


One of my favorite dishes that she made was the fruit salad.  It had a variety of fruits in it like pineapples, strawberries, and blueberries.  I normally don't like blueberries but in this salad, they became quite tasty.  It also had coconut in it, which was a nice touch that added some extra flavor.  Then she also put a little bit of Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk in it to seal the deal.  This was so good.  If I ever make a fruit salad, I will make it like this one.  


Another side was macaroni and cheese.  Everyone loves mac n' cheese, especially when it's the kind that's baked in the oven.  


My favorite dish though was the squash casserole.  I love squash; I love casseroles; I love pie crust.  This casserole had it all.  She made a pie crust filled with squash and other goodies to make it a casserole.  I could eat this as a meal by itself anytime.  


Everything together made this nice plate below.  I ate so much that I was stuffed all day.  


Then came dessert.  It was my little cousin's birthday.  She made cupcakes with green frosting for the ninja turtles.  


Home cooked meals are the best!  

No comments:

Post a Comment