Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Frida's

Frida's Mexican Restaurante
1718 Madison Ave
Memphis, TN 38104

Frida's is a Mexican restaurant in midtown Memphis.  It was named after the artist Frida Kahlo.  The restaurant is only a couple of years old.


This restaurant really reminds me of Happy Mexican.  Most (if not all) of the menu items are the same.  They have my same favorites from Happy Mexican, including the Margarita Dip (cheese dip with beef and pico de gallo), chicken wings (10 for $6.99 or 20 for $9.99), and the Margarita Special ("sizzling fajitas with chicken, steak or shrimp with vegetables cooked to perfection served on a bed of rice with cheese sauce").


They also have my favorite weekend specials.  The Sunday Presidente Margarita, which is a margarita with Presidente brandy.  

The only real difference between this restaurant and Happy Mexican that I can tell is that the restaurant feels nicer and classier.  

I somewhat prefer this restaurant because of its proximity to my house.  I do like the restaurant, the food, and especially the drinks.  


Frida's Restaurante Mexicano on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment