Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Happy Mexican

Happy Mexican
7935 Winchester @ Hacks Cross
Memphis, TN

Happy Mexican is a Tex-Mex style restaurant that has been in Memphis for several years now.  They have four locations throughout the city.  The original is downtown.  I used to go to happy hour quite regularly there about 6 years ago.

Then later, I used to go to the one in East Memphis every Sunday for margaritas and wings.  I love their wings.  They are inexpensive and the hot sauce is served on the side.  The price is $6.99 for 10, but you can double your order for only $3 more, which is what I do.

On Sundays, you can get the Presidente Margarita for only $7.99.  This one is strong.  It's large, and super strong.  Do not have too many of these.

Saturday's special is the Ultimate Margarita for $7.99.  It is also super strong (and delicious)!

Lately, I have been visiting the one on Winchester, because it is near my current job.

This visit was for a co-workers farewell party.  I had a regular lime margarita.  It was good for a plain frozen margarita.  It is way better than some other Mexican restaurants in town that are not to be named here.  And Monday, you get two for one margaritas, so I had two, naturally.


Of course, you also get complimentary chips and salsa.  I am going to start saying no, because they are too addictive!  :)


I also went for Cinco de Mayo.  We sat on the patio, which is great especially in the spring.  They had all of their top shelf margaritas on sale for $7.99.  I had the Presidente.  

My favorite dip is the Margarita Dip, which is cheese dip with beef and pico de gallo.  

My favorite meal (which is actually under the appetizers) is the Margarita Special.  It's fajita meat (beef, chicken, and shrimp) and vegetables on top of a bed of rice.  Then it is all drizzled in cheese.  Too good!  

I will definitely return to one of their four locations.  



Happy Mexican Restaurant & Cantina on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment