Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Meatloaf "Cupcakes"

Chez Andy!

On Facebook, I saw a picture of meatloaf "cupcakes" with a mashed potato "frosting."  Well, we were cooking dinner for a get together for the TV show True Blood.  I decided it was time to recreate what I saw.


I made meat loaf using my standard meatloaf recipe.  Then I put them in cupcake tins.  I also made mashed potatoes using my own recipe.  So... If you want to recreate (or improve), you can use your own recipe.  


My friend told me to pipe the potatoes onto the meatloaf.  I used a plastic baggie to pipe to mashed potatoes onto the meatloaf.  Afterwards I topped them with shredded cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and a dollop of ketchup.  I loved it.  They were the perfect portion.  


Additionally, I made mini cornbread muffins.  They were great.  I just used the cornbread recipe off the cornmeal.  


I used Glory greens for the greens.  My friend made broccoli soup.   He used broccoli and cheese soup.  

The picture above is the combination of our handiwork.  


No comments:

Post a Comment