Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Yelp Spring Break Welcome

Welcome to Nashville Reception
Anthem
125 12th Ave N
Nashville, TN 37203

I went to Nashville for Yelp Spring Break.  I just recently started Yelping, so I didn't know what to expect.  This event was at a place called Anthem.  I think it's just a venue that you can rent out, but I could be wrong.


I love the venue, though.  It had multiple levels.  There is a dance floor on the first level.  The second level has chairs and couches that overlook the dance floor.  I registered here and was given a "swag bag."  It was full of mostly ads, maps, an itinerary, and coupons.  There were also a few other items, like some sunglasses, pins, and a whistle/compass.  


The food at this event celebrity was from celebrity chef Maneet Chauhan, who is in the process of opening her own restaurant called Chauhan Ale and Masala House.  


My favorite thing that I got to taste was the pani puri, which is some type of Indian street food that is eaten in one bite.  It was made in front of us.  


I also had a bite of the coconut curried crab cakes with five spiced mango chutney.  


I was also able to taste a mini potato Samosa with tamarind chutney.  


We were able to sample Goan shredded chicken on papadi discs.  They tasted good.  


We had one free drink ticket.  The only stipulation is that they had to be vodka drinks.  I ended up having a vodka coke.  This venue had at least two bars.  


The chef talked to us briefly about the food and her upcoming restaurant.

The venue was the best part about this event.  It was truly amazing.  The food was just fine.  The portions were so small, that it was hard to really have a feel for what the food tasted like.  The portions were less than a bite.  I wasn't trying to get full.  I was just trying to know what the food tasted like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment