Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Phily Diner

Phily Diner
31 S Black Horse Pike
Runnemede NJ 08078



We stayed in New Jersey, instead of Philadelphia, based upon hotel prices.  Near our hotel was this unique place.  It was half 50s diner and half sports bar.




The first visit I had a some Traveler beer.  Since I was on vacation, I liked the name.  Well, I only liked the name.  However, that was my own fault.  I should have ordered something I knew.  G had a Guinness, and it was good.


On our last night in the area, we made our second visit, because we were hungry.  It was a Tuesday.  The happy hour is 1/2 off all appetizers and wings. 


I had a tasty whiskey on the rocks for a drink. For food I had some sort of appetizer sampler.  It was $7.50 since it was half off.  I got some spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips, 3 mozzarella sticks, two large chicken tenders, 3 coconut shrimp, and 4 wings.  It included a lot of sauces as well. The dip was the highlight.  Everything else was good as well.  


G had a burger with waffle fries and cole slaw.  He had a surf and turf burger which was a burger topped with coconut shrimp.  The beef was really tasty and cooked to a nice medium to medium rare temperature.  It was also seasoned well.  

I'm glad I came to this restaurant a second time.  






Phily Diner & Sports Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment