Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Overton Square Crawfish Festival

Overton Square Crawfish Festival
2109 Madison Ave
Memphis, TN 38104

Every year, Overton Square has a crawfish festival in the spring.  This was the 19th one.  Overton Square is an awesome area in midtown.  It was bumping in the 80's.  Then it died, and now it's back.


There are TONS of vendors lining the street.  There is also live music.  It's free admission, so you should go, even if you don't like crawfish.  

There are beer vendors set up, as well.  The crawfish is $20.  One option is to go to the main vendor.  Another option is to sit in Le Chardonnay or Bayou Bar and Grill and order crawfish.  



This year, I noticed a third option.  Behind Local, there was a food truck that had crawfish and local beer.  It looks like Parish Grocery food truck is Local's catering company.  



This was perhaps my favorite crawfish ever.  It was way spicier than I'm accustomed to, which I enjoyed.  It also had corn and potatoes and even sausage mixed in with the crawfish.  I think main vendor just has crawfish without the added extras.  

I definitely want this crawfish again!




No comments:

Post a Comment