Sunday, June 15, 2014

DeJAVU

DeJAVU
51 S. Main Street
Memphis, Tennessee 38104

This is the restaurant's newer second location.  I have already visited the original location.  Here's that review.  First of all, the staff is super friendly.  We were a large party without reservations, and the amount in our party changed after being seated, so they were so accommodating and moved us upstairs.

The restaurant is New Orleans, Creole, Soul Food, and Vegetarian.  Not many places with soul food have good vegetarian options.  This is an exception.


They are working on obtaining a liquor license, but right now they only have bottled beer.  I had a Fat Tire.  I think it was about $6.  


We got a few appetizers to share.  The boudin (sausage stuffed with rice) was tasty and flavorful.  Although, it's not my favorite item.  


Another appetizer that we shared was the gator bites.  I love these.  I could have eaten them all by myself and ordered another plate.  


G ordered the gumbo.  It's also amazing.  


For his sides, he chose greens and red beans and rice.  The red beans and rice were good.  He said he should have gotten something different since he ordered gumbo, though.  The greens were ok.  


For my meal, I got a po boy.  They have a variety of po boys, and you can choose to do a half and half. I love to taste a variety of food, so that's what I did.  I had half gator and half fried oysters.  Both were great, but I preferred the gator.  


I'm so glad that they have this location.  I think this one will attract more visitors to the restaurant.  The other location is off the beaten path, and you have to be in the know to find it.  

DeJavu on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment