Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Taziki's Cafe

Taziki's Cafe
540 S Mendenhall Rd
Memphis, TN 38117

A group of friends and I were looking for a place to eat for a late lunch in East Memphis.  Our first couple of choices were just not open that day at that time.  We finally ended up trying Taziki's Cafe, which none of us had ever visited.  Apparently, it's a chain restaurant.


One friend ordered the spicy pimento cheese with pita bread to share.  It was delicious.  I actually was dipping my chips in it instead of the pita bread.  It was just the right amount of spice without being too spicy.  


Another friend ordered the dolmades to share.  They are grape leaves stuffed with rice, onions, and herbs.  They were served warm.  I prefer them served cold.  However, they were good nonetheless.  


My other friend ordered the grilled chicken roll up.  It came with a few roll ups.  I tasted them.  They were good.  


Another friend ordered the grilled chicken gyro with the roasted potatoes.  I liked the roasted potatoes.  It seemed strange that chips come with the meal every time in addition to the side especially when the side is a potato.  


For my main dish, I had the grilled lamb gyro.  It was very good, and it was seasoned perfectly.  It came with some chips and one side.  I went with the pasta salad, which was recommended by the cashier.  My meal was my favorite of all the meals.  


One thing that I noticed is that they have meals for 4.  The price is about $25 to $30, and you have to give them 2 hours notice.  It comes with a meat, rice or potatoes, salad, and pita chips.  


Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment