Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Flying Saucer

Flying Saucer
130 Peabody Pl
Memphis, TN

There are several Flying Saucers in the country.  The one closest to me is in Downtown Memphis.  They are most known for all of their different beers.  Their menu is chalked full of tons of different beers from all over the world.  They have tons on draught and tons in bottles.


After walking around downtown in the summer, we decided we needed to cool down.  What better way to cool off than having a beer?  I ordered a Memphis Made IPA, which they were out of.  However, the server was awesome.  She was quick to offer comparable beers.  She suggested that I have a Brooklyn Bridge East India Pale Ale.  It was refreshing.  

For my second beer, I had the Sweetwater IPA.  It was bitter and hoppy but somehow had a touch of sweetness.  I enjoyed it the most.  


The saucer also has good food, including some vegetarian and even vegan options.  They also have different specials almost every day of the week.  My favorite is to go on Monday, which is Pint Night, where most draught beers are only $3.  It's an excellent way to sample different beers.  They also have a UFO club, which will help you track which beers you have tasted.  It also gives you some discounts to special events.  


Flying Saucer Draught Emporium on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment