Monday, June 2, 2014

Mad Donna's

Mad Donna's
1313 Woodland St
Nashville, TN 37206

First of all this place is in a super cute neighborhood.  I think they call it East Nashville.  It reminds me of midtown Memphis.


On Saturday, we wanted to find a brunch place.  We asked many locals at the bars we visited where they recommended, and this one came up multiple times.  


They have a spacious area inside, but we sat outside since it was a nice warm day.  


They have typical brunch items as well as burgers, soups and salads.  


They have a Bloody Mary Bar, where you get the vodka in a glass and get to choose your own mix and garnishes.  


They have a ghost pepper infused vodka that my friend tried.  He also added Sriracha hot sauce to it.  I tried the smallest drink, and I could tell it was super spicy.  He enjoyed it.  


I decided to have the 2 for 1 mimosas.  They have a variety of juices, including traditional orange juice.  I got one traditional and one pineapple.  They also have pomegranate and white grape juice to name a couple of others.  


Decisions were hard this meal.  I ended up getting the Maltese omelette, which was full of spinach, caramelized onions, artichoke hearts, and tomatoes.  I also chose my side to be cheese grits.  Then I wanted a biscuit and gravy, so I had it on the side.  


It was so good, and so much food.  

The service was friendly.  However, it was a little slow when we were ready to get our tabs.  

They are also open for lunch and dinner, and they have a late night menu.  I would love to come back here and experience the bar at night and explore the rest of the neighborhood.



Mad Donna's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment