Sunday, June 1, 2014

Gator Jake's Bar and Grill

Gator Jake's Bar and Grill
36863 Van Dyke Ave
Sterling Heights, MI 48312


This trip to the Detroit area, we stayed in Sterling Heights.  After reading some Yelp reviews, I decided to try out Gator Jake's Bar and Grill.  It had a lot of 5 star reviews.  Plus, I looked at the menu, and it was inexpensive.  


The theme is New Orleans.  The colors are the colors of Mardi Gras.  


It's a very open space with a huge wrap around bar with lots of televisions.  


I had a whiskey and water.  It was only $4 (it was not a super strong pour, though).  


I ordered the steak, which was only $9.99 and it came with a house salad.  


G's entree also came with a salad.  He ordered the tuna steak with broccoli and rice.  He liked his sides, but felt the tuna steak needed some extra spice.  

'

I enjoyed my meal.  I had the steak cooked medium rare with green beans and cajun fries.  Everything was tasty.

This restaurant is also ahead technologically.  They take your order at the table on a tablet.  The tablet is connected to the POS (point of sale) system so the order went straight to the kitchen from the table.  When we paid, she scanned the card on the same tablet.  The credit card never left my sight.  I like that.  

Good food. Cheap prices.  Cheap drinks  Good service.

Gator Jake's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment