Friday, June 13, 2014

Rizzo's Diner

Rizzo's Diner
106 G.E. Patterson
Memphis, TN 38102

Rizzo's Diner is a restaurant in downtown Memphis, just off of South Main.  It has been around for a few years, and has been featured on the TV show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.  

This was actually my second visit, but the first one was before I started taking pictures and writing reviews.  


Last time, I went with a group of people, and I got to taste a lot of different food items.  My favorite meal that visit was the salmon.  Therefore, this time I had to order the salmon, and it was just as good as I remembered.  It is a seared salmon with a fruit compote on a bed of wilted spinach and with a pepper vinaigrette.  


My friend ordered the chorizo meatloaf with green tomato gravy, mashed potatoes, and green beans.  She enjoyed it.  I actually ordered it my first visit.  

They also are open for lunch and do a brunch.  I would like to try their brunch.  

Other things that they are known for, which I have tried and could recommend are the lobster pronto pups (just like it sounds) and the Cheeseburger soup (just like it sounds).  You've got to try it to fully appreciate it!



Rizzo's Diner on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment